Employment opportunity in OTE’s Salem Office
Oregon Travel Experience is looking for a task oriented Staff Accountant. Traits of the ideal candidate include: positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to embrace and adapt to change, skilled use of technology, acute attention to detail, highly organized, deadline oriented.
This position is full time and reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
Key responsibilities include:
- Processes and records monthly payroll using outside vendor
- Assists in processing and maintaining Human Resources records
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles various accounts
- Assists with month-end and year-end processing and closing
- Distributes and processes monthly departmental variance reports
- Backs up Accounting Clerk for various daily and monthly tasks
- Assists Director of Finance and Administration as required
- Completes various other accounting duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- The ability to evaluate priorities and meet deadlines is essential
- Initiative and flexibility, desire to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Computer system savvy and technical proficiency
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to maintain confidentially is critical
- Strong Excel/spreadsheet skills required
- Experience with SAP B1 is beneficial
Please email your resume along with a cover letter summarizing how your experience will make you an ideal candidate for this position. You may also send your resume and cover letter to HR Director, 1500 Liberty Street SE, Suite 150, Salem, OR 97302.
Compensation: $40,000-$45,000 with full benefit package.