Request for proposals (RFP) announcement
OTE is soliciting proposals for cost-quotes from qualified applicants for contracted managed information technology services. Selection of the contractor will be based on price, qualifications, experience, and references. Points will be weighted as follows: price – 40 points; qualifications and experience – 40 points; references – 20 points.
This RFP does not commit OTE to award any contract, to pay any cost incurred by any person in the preparation of a response to this RFP, or to contract for any work or services. OTE reserves the right to accept or reject any or all responses received and to cancel in whole or in part this RFP. In its sole discretion, OTE also reserves the right to negotiate with one or more respondents to this RFP.
To review the RFP instructions in full, download the RFP cover sheet(PDF).
Scope of work
The following is a range of services listed in the Scope of Work (PDF). (Please download the document to read more about the agency’s IT needs.):
- Network and server management, administration, and maintenance including connectivity to networked printers.
- Manage licensing for server related software
- Local and remote data backup for our servers
- Disaster recovery
- Monitor and install patches and updates for servers and networked computers
- Install and maintain Antivirus and malware protection
- Help desk (mostly MS Office and Windows support, including connecting netbooks and smart-phones to MS Outlook mailboxes)
- Remote connectivity and the ability to provide timely onsite service when necessary
- Hardware servicing and recommendations
- Establishing connectivity (Outlook, remote access) for new, or replacement, computers
- Documenting and optimizing of existing server operations during initial hand-off of current managed IT services contractor
- Other services as are necessary to maintain a stable and safe IT infrastructure
OTE will hold a pre-proposal conference on October 15, 2012, at 1:30 p.m. The meeting will be held at OTE’s Salem offices at 1500 Liberty St SE, Suite 150, Salem, OR 97302. The conference will provide an opportunity for applicants to meet with key agency personnel and ask questions about the RFP process. Attendance at the conference is recommended for interested contractors but not required.
The deadline to submit the IT RFP is 3 p.m. on November 1, 2012. Questions and more information should be directed to Luc Rizzo at 503-373-0873 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.